Coming from other C++ projects like Unreal Engine I was surprised to see coding standards in the EOS codebase is all lowercase, not only for variables but even for class names.
Is there any resource to read about which standards to follow while contributing to the source? or even more important "while writing new smart contracts?"
Outlined in this standard would be things like:
- Naming of variables, functions and types,
- Spacing (2 spaces, vs 4, vs tabs),
- Spaces around parentheses,
- Curly braces on same line or dedicated lines,
- Naming of iterator variables or
privatevariables, e.g. with leading underscore,
I guess optimally it would be nice if the community agree for certain conventions to make it easy, to switch from project to project in the EOS space.
For example the following C++ coding styles have been documented:
What are the best practices, and what is the current coding style?