I've gone through the white paper v2 for EOS but I was wondering if there are any resources that have a detailed technical explanation of the version of the DPoS consensus algorithm used in EOS. I'm hoping to find something like a blog/video series or a book. If nothing of that sort exists can someone point me to the relevant files in the EOS git repository?
Apart from the official Technical Whitepaper V2, followings are the few documents which were released even before the EOS mainnet launch:-
- EOS: an Introduction: This describes about the way to reach DPoS consensus mechanism.
- EOS Multi-signature: This tells you about how to ensure an account (user or contract) with multi-signature feature.
- EOS: Explanation of DPoS+BFT w/ Daniel Larimer - Part 1 of 2: This explanation is by Dan himself - part 1.
- EOS: Explanation of New BFT+DPoS w/ Daniel Larimer - Part 2 of 2: This explanation is by Dan himself - part 2.
- DPOS Consensus Algorithm - The Missing White Paper
- Last irreversible Block discussion in Github
- BTS DPoS Consensus Code Implementation Overview: This shows the code implementation of the DPoS consensus mechanism via code.