ubuntu 18.04, when I create a new wallet, by default the wallet directory is in the home dir
/home/user/eosio-wallet. I am storing all eos related data on disk storage whose path is
/storage. I want the wallet on
/storage. How to create the wallet on the given path? I tried:
- Creating a wallet
cleos wallet create --name $walletname --file wallet.txt >&2, which saves
- Move this wallet to storage disk
mv ~/eosio-wallet/ /storage
- kill the existing keosd using
- Run keosd again with the dir path
keosd --wallet-dir /storage/eosio-wallet/ &
After this running other commands which try to unlock the wallet. It returns error:
"/usr/opt/eosio/2.0.0/bin/keosd" launched password: Error 3120002: Nonexistent wallet Are you sure you typed the wallet name correctly? Error Details: Unable to open file: /home/user/eosio-wallet/./abc.wallet
I am running these commands through shell script. If I separately run
keosd --wallet-dir /storage/eosio-wallet/ & and then unlock the wallet it works. But I don't want to do this again and again.
My questions are:
- Can I create a wallet directly into the
/storagepath? If yes then how?
- Are the above steps correct?
- Should the keosd command need to run again and again whenever I need to access the wallet?
- Does keosd needs the only root dir to launch?