I'm just wondering if there is a developer-friendly development environment for EOS.IO (https://github.com/EOSIO/eos) ? Because I found using a editor is not convenient enough to do some unit testing.
The important part is that EOSIO is using CMake to build the project (it's like Maven / Gradle for Java or npm for Node.js) which should be integrated in most of the IDEs.
For running EOSIO locally I use Docker on top of my Ubuntu.
To experiment with contract development I actually use official github repository and write the contracts in https://github.com/EOSIO/eos/tree/master/contracts directory.
Here is very useful video for setup described above: Building Distributed Apps With EOS.IO Blockchain
Also, check this guide Manually Install Dependencies in case you want to setup related dependencies which you will need when running and building the project
- Setup a dev environment in a matter of minutes
- Start a full local node in seconds with only one command and option to choose your network for development - EOS, Telos or Worbli
- Develop EOSIO dApps on Windows as easily as on Mac. You can run a local EOS node on Windows :)
- Full control over your environment configurations and deployment setup
- Optimized dApp project structure for high-quality and efficiency dApps
- Super easy and simple to use - you don’t need to be an EOSIO developer to work with the smart contracts of a dApp. All back-ends and front-ends developers now have the power to work with you dApp on blockchain level in just learning a few commands
You can also see it here in action. :)